Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ewwww, Brussel sprouts

I forgot to bring my camera with me a few times over the past few days, so you are definitely missing the giant burger I had at Lonestar... but it was bunless and I got a house salad on the side! (but it had cheddar cheese and bacon... call it a draw?).

For lunch I threw some leftovers from New Years in the pan, and in went some old Brussel sprouts. I so regret the Brussel sprouts! I clearly did not cook them for long enough so they were hard, and they had that nasty Brussel-sprouty taste (you know the one I mean). Usually I'm a huge Brussel sprout fan, but then I usually cut them into halves so they cook better. Oh well, the rest was a success.



Today (January 3rd) was grocery shopping day, check out my haul! Thanks go out to my wonderful inlaws who gave me a President's Choice gift card for Christmas (is there anything better than free food?). Those cucumbers were only $0.25/ea. I know! Okay, enough excitement for one day.



I made some red cabbage with onions, using my massive new electric skillet (thanks, Khalid!). I got too lazy to do the green beans next, so I just threw them on top as is. It looks pretty boring, but I'm bringing along some nuts and dried fruits.. and I'll put an avocado on top, because all the cool kids are doing it. But Vicki, what will you have for breakfast? Enter... Green Smoothie!





Some of you may know that for Christmas I got a Blendtec blender from my wonderful Aunt and Uncle. I've been using it to make smoothies for Khalid, but I've been patiently biding my time for when I could blend a MASSIVE HEAD OF KALE! Why are you making that face? Get excited! These Green Smoothies get totally addictive. In addition to half the head of kale I threw in some pears and frozen blueberries. It took great restraint not to drink it all tonight. (and to wash the blender, you just blend water and dish soap. I love this thing!)



That's all for today. What New Year's resolutions did you all make? Would you like to see photos of me doing hilarious work-outs at the gym? Because that might be a thing in the spirit of being healthy in 2013. Perhaps a short video of my step class? 80's headband included.

Happy cucumbers,
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment